What is Virtual Sales Storytelling?What is Virtual Sales Storytelling? https://www.visualstorytell.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/virtual-sales-storytelling_thumb.jpg 366 222 Shlomi Ron Shlomi Ron https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/906bcce31d9695cb030087534b5f0f6e?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- Shlomi Ron
- no comments
The pandemic’s impact on the workplace in the past year has been radical.
Check out the latest figures.
The Future of Jobs Survey finds that 50% of employers will accelerate the automation of their work, while over 80% are set to expand the digitization of their work processes.
Over 190 million lost jobs worldwide, 52% of the US workforce is expected to become gig workers by 2023, according to Fortunly.
All these developments have created a new communication medium people need to excel at.
I am essentially talking about the critical need to communicate effectively in virtual meetings.
That’s why I was super excited to speak with John Livesay, virtual sales keynote speaker and author of “Better Selling Through Storytelling.”
We talked about his journey in sales at leading media brands like Conde Nast and TheDailyBeast.com, what is virtual sales storytelling, illustrative examples, tips marketers and sales folks can easily apply – and much more.
“Whoever told the best story got the sale!”
John says about how he discovered the power of storytelling during his sales career.
What is Virtual Sales Storytelling?
“Any virtual business meeting where you use storytelling to get the sale or achieve any other business goal. To do it right, you need to reverse engineer your story and answer 3 questions: What do I want the audience to feel? What I want them to think? And what I want them to do?“
-John Livesay, virtual sales keynote speaker
Watch the full video recording of this interview:
Need a screen break?
You can also listen to the audio podcast of this episode.
Subscribe to the Visual Storytelling Today podcast on iTunes, Google Podcasts, and all other podcast networks.
Some of the questions I asked John:
- Can you share a bit about your backstory and what was that magic moment that made you decide to get into virtual Sales Storytelling that in recent years has become more virtual?
- A question I asked all my guests. How do you define visual storytelling?
- How do you define Virtual Sales Storytelling?
- What are the steps for creating a successful virtual sales storytelling experience if you are a sales guy pitching prospects or marketing guy pitching their leadership/media/employees?
- Can you show 2-3 examples of successful virtual sales storytelling executions?
- What can presenters leverage their personal appearance, visual accessories and their backdrop to drive home their story?
- What are the common challenges you need to watch for when creating a successful virtual sales storytelling experience?
- Beyond naturally getting the sale are there any other success KPIs you’re monitoring?
- How are you planning to trigger certain emotions in your stories?
- And much more!
How would you be using a virtual sales storytelling to emotionally move your audience into action?
Shlomi Ron is the founder and CEO of the Visual Storytelling Institute, a Miami-based think tank with a mission to bring the gospel of visual storytelling from the world of art into a more human-centric and purpose-driven marketing. A digital marketing veteran with over 20 years of experience working both on the agency and brand sides for Fortune 100/500 brands such as Nokia, IBM, and American Express. He started VSI to combine his marketing expertise with his passions for visual stories stemming from interests in classic Italian cinema and managing the estate of video art pioneer, Buky Schwartz. At VSI, he helps brands rise above the communication noise through visual storytelling consulting, training, and thought leadership. Select clients include Estée Lauder, Microsoft, and Cable & Wireless – to name a few. He currently teaches Brand Storytelling at the University of Miami’s Business School. Thought leader and speaker at key marketing conferences. He is also the host of the Visual Storytelling Today podcast, which ranks in the top 10 best business storytelling podcasts on the Web. His book: Total Acuity: Tales with Marketing Morals to Help You Create Richer Visual Brand Stories. Outside work, he is a nascent bread baker, The Moth fan, and longtime fedora wearer likely to jive with his classic Italian cinema interest.All stories by: Shlomi Ron
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Leave a Reply