Shlomi Ron, CEO at the Visual Storytelling Institute, is available for speaking engagements for your event or podcast on topics revolving visual storytelling, business storytelling, social media, and digital marketing innovation.
Watch Shlomi in action
August 27, 2020: Visual Storytelling Workshop: How to Tell an Effective Story at Broward County Cultural Division for over 300 art executives:
I believe people respond better when they can see their problems mirrored in a meaningful visual story. Hi, I’m Shlomi Ron, the CEO of the Visual Storytelling Institute (VSI), a seasoned digital marketing strategist with over 20 years of experience having worked both on the agency and brand sides for Fortune 100/500 brands such as Nokia, IBM, and American Express. I started the Visual Storytelling Institute to combine my marketing expertise with my passion for visual stories stemming from my interests in classic Italian cinema (cafePellicoa.com) and video art (BukySchwartz.com). At VSI, I help brands connect better with their audiences through visual storytelling consulting, training, production, and thought leadership. Select clients include RTI International, Cable & Wireless, Pearson Education, PTC, Miami-Dade College – to name a few. These days, I teach Brand Storytelling at the University of Miami’s Business School. My book: Total Acuity: Tales with Marketing Morals to Help You Create Richer Visual Brand Stories. I often do public talks about Visual storytelling and I host the Visual Storytelling Today podcast that ranks the 20 best business storytelling podcasts on the Web. What makes a good story? I always say: “Stories are nothing but mirrors. The magic happens the moment your brand story emotionally reflects your customer’s personal story.” Outside work, I’m a nascent bread baker, The Moth fan, and longtime fedora wearer likely to jive with my classic Italian cinema interest.
- February 16, 2021: Visual Storytelling Trends You Can’t Afford to Miss – Gather Voices webinar
- December 8, 2020: The Power of Brand Storytelling – CET – world series, Pinnacle Middle East (UAE).
- December 8, 2020: Judge at Accelerator Graduation Night and Presentations, hosted by 1909, a community of entrepreneurs and creators.
- November 20, 2020: Global Entrepreneurship Week 2020.
- November 5, 2020: Business Storyteller Summit ’20: How to Bring to Life Your Brand Narrative with Visual Storytelling.
- August 27, 2020: Broward County Cultural Division: Virtual Visual Storytelling Workshop: How to Tell an Effective Story.
- July 28, 2020: PTC, virtual guest talk: What is Visual Storytelling?
- July-August 2020: The Brand Storytelling Train, a 5-part Instagram Live show, produced and hosted by Shlomi Ron.
- April 23, 2020: VentureCafe Miami, FL.
- April 16, 2020: Webinar: Brand Storytelling in The Times of Corona.
- November 11, 2018: Miami Ad School, Miami, FL.
- October 18, 2018: SEMPO – South Florida Digital Fest, Boca Raton, FL.
- October 4, 2018: VentureCafe, Miami, FL.
- April 3, 2018: Keynote speaker, at a private event for the Oxford Club, Saint Michaels MD.
- April 17, 2017: University of Miami School of Business.
- April 6, 2017: American Advertising Federation of Ft Lauderdale & the Palm Beaches.
- September 15, 2017: Social Media Week, Rome, Italy (in Italian).
- March 20, 2017: Action Design Miami at Tedge Network.
- February 22, 2017: Department of Marketing at the Florida Atlantic University.
- February 5, 2017: Two roles at FilmGate Interactive conference:
- Moderator of the panel CONFESSIONS OF A WEB STAR capturing audiences with one-minute storytelling.
- Creator of LOOKING OUT LOOKING IN ambient video installation powered by overlooks.TV
- February 9, 2017 – May 2017: Professor/creator of 12-week Visual Storytelling course at The Idea Center at Miami-Dade College.
- February 2, 2017: Power of Visual Storytelling at Venture Cafe – Miami.
- October 26, 2o16: Visual Storytelling Summit 2016 at the Idea Center, Miami-Dade College.
- October 24, 2016: Industry Hero Speaker Series at Miami Ad School.
- September 7, 2016: Media Management Association School of Communication at the University of Miami.
- Other past engagements include: BMA, Social Media Week, Integrated Marketing Week, and South Florida Interactive Marketing Summi
- Total Acuity: Tales with Marketing Morals to Help You Create Richer Visual Brand Stories by Shlomi Ron
- Forbes: Storytelling Best Practices To Increase Your Workplace Influence
- Book contributor: Digital Strategies Data-Driven Public Relations, Marketing, and Advertising by Regina Luttrell, Susan Emerick, and Adrienne Wallace
- MartechToday: Let pictures tell your story
- Journal of Visual Literacy: Unlocking the power of visual grammar theory by Alon Friedman and Shlomi Ron
- Piktochart: Business Storytelling in 2021 and Beyond – The Ultimate Guide
- Forrester-SiriusDecions: The Most Coveted Social Media Cake Recipe – Revealed!
- Forrester-SiriusDecions: Developing a Social Selling Playbook
- VoyageMia: Developing a Social Selling Playbook
- Visme: The Future of Visual Storytelling: Our ‘Ask Me Anything’ with Shlomi Ron
- Uploader Magazine
- ARTPRNR: This Weeks Member Spotlight: Shlomi Ron of Visual Storytelling Institute
- The Business of Story: Making Your Brand Story Your Customer’s Story
- The Present Beyond Measure Podcast
- Strategy Show LIVE: How to Bring to life Your Brand Narrative with Visual Storytelling
- Behavioral Grooves: Visual Storytelling in a Time of Crisis
- B2B Growth: Why Visual Triggers Drive Behavior in B2B Marketing
- Hacks & Flacks: The Power of Visual Storytelling in Marketing and Communications
- Sage Mindset: Understanding How Storytelling Works In Conversation And Marketing
- One Last Thought: It Was One of the Worst Days of My Life
- Bootstrapping Your Dreams Show: Creating A Compelling Brand Story Through Visual Story Telling
Ready to chat?
Great! For booking Shlomi for your next event, please schedule a time to discuss your requirements: