Shlomi Ron, CEO at the Visual Storytelling Institute, is available for speaking engagements for your event or podcast on topics revolving visual storytelling, business storytelling, social media, and digital marketing innovation.
After 15+ years of well-rounded digital marketing experience, having worked both on the agency and client sides for Fortune 100/500 brands such as American Express, Nokia, and IBM, Shlomi has co-founded the Visual Storytelling Institute – the primary think tank that brings the gospel of visual storytelling from the world of art into marketing. The core problem VSI addresses is the rise of information overload costing the US economy $900 billion a year (HBR) coupled with audiences’ fragmented attention spans, resulting in businesses’ challenges to connect with their audiences. At VSI, Shlomi helps business leaders rise above the communication noise through visual storytelling production, consulting, corporate and academic training programs, and thought leadership programs, so they can connect better with their audience, empower their lives and grow their companies faster. Select clients include Cable & Wireless, RTI International, Miami-Dade College, University of Miami, Avenue3Miami (non-profit helping reduce homelessness in Miami and beyond), and Chilipop. And with VSI’s partner studio: Apple, IBM, HP, Adobe to name a few. Thought leader and speaker at key marketing conferences such as BMA, Social Media Week and Integrated Marketing Week, to name a few. He is the host of the Visual Storytelling Today podcast. He served as Chair of Programming at the South Florida Interactive Marketing Association, Board member at the Miami STEM Advisory Board. He created the education curriculum for the Visual Storytelling Xperience full-semester course (based on My Visual Story Framework) at The Idea Center at Miami-Dade College where he taught for two years. He also runs the Estate of Artist Buky Schwartz, one of the early pioneers of video art. Outside work, he co-founded cafePellicola.com, a blog dedicated to his passion for fine Italian cinema. He has BA in Sociology & Anthropology from Tel Aviv University and MA in Mass Communications from the University of Florida.
His new book redefines the typical business book format, using short stories collection with visual principles:
Total Acuity: Tales with Marketing Morals to Help You Create Richer Visual Brand Stories.
Recent media coverage:
- Storytelling Best Practices To Increase Your Workplace Influence – Forbes
- Meet Shlomi Ron of Visual Storytelling Institute in Coral Gables – VoyageMia
- The Future of Visual Storytelling: Our ‘Ask Me Anything’ with Shlomi Ron – Visme
- Uploader Magazine – April 2020
- The Power of Visual Storytelling in Marketing and Communications – Hacks & Flacks podcast
- Why Visual Triggers Drive Behavior in B2B Marketing – B2B Growth podcast
- Bootstrapping your Dreams Show – podcast
- South Florida Business Review
- November 11, 2018: Miami Ad School, Miami, FL.
- October 18, 2018: SEMPO – South Florida Digital Fest, Boca Raton, FL
- October 4, 2018: VentureCafe, Miami, FL.
- April 3, 2018: Keynote speaker, at a private event for the Oxford Club, Saint Michaels MD
- April 17, 2017: University of Miami School of Business
- April 6, 2017: American Advertising Federation of Ft Lauderdale & the Palm Beaches
- September 15, 2017: Social Media Week, Rome, Italy (in Italian)
- March 20, 2017: Action Design Miami at Tedge Network
- February 22, 2017: Department of Marketing at the Florida Atlantic University
- February 5, 2017: Two roles at FilmGate Interactive conference:
- Moderator of the panel CONFESSIONS OF A WEB STAR capturing audiences with one-minute storytelling
- Creator of LOOKING OUT LOOKING IN ambient video installation powered by overlooks.TV
- February 9, 2017 – May 2017: Professor/creator of 12-week Visual Storytelling course at The Idea Center at Miami-Dade College
- February 2, 2017: Power of Visual Storytelling at Venture Cafe – Miami
- October 26, 2o16: Visual Storytelling Summit 2016 at the Idea Center, Miami-Dade College
- October 24, 2016: Industry Hero Speaker Series at Miami Ad School
- September 7, 2016: Media Management Association School of Communication at the University of Miami
- Other past engagements include: BMA, Social Media Week, Integrated Marketing Week, and South Florida Interactive Marketing Summit
For booking Shlomi for your next event, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org