Shlomi Ron, co-founder & CEO at the Visual Storytelling Institute, is available for speaking engagements on topics revolving visual storytelling, business storytelling, social media, and digital marketing innovation.
After 20 years of well-rounded digital marketing experience, having worked both on the agency and client sides for Fortune 100/500 brands such as American Express, Nokia, and IBM, Shlomi has co-founded the Visual Storytelling Institute to address the rise of information load and decreasing attention spans, resulting in businesses’ challenges to rise above the noise. At VSI, Shlomi helps business leaders rise above the communication noise through visual storytelling production, corporate and academic training programs, and thought leadership programs, so they can connect better with their audience, empower their lives and grow their companies faster. Thought leader and speaker at key marketing conferences such as BMA, Social Media Week and Integrated Marketing Week, to name a few. He is the host of the Visual Storytelling Today podcast. He served as Chair of Programming at the South Florida Interactive Marketing Association, Board member at the Miami STEM Advisory Board. He created the education curriculum for the Visual Storytelling Xperience full-semester course (based on My Visual Story Framework) at The Idea Center at Miami-Dade College where he teaches, now for the 3rd year. He also runs the Estate of Artist Buky Schwartz, one of the early pioneers of video art. Outside work, he co-founded cafePellicola.com, an 11-year blog dedicated to his passion for fine Italian cinema. He has BA in Sociology & Anthropology from Tel Aviv University and MA in Mass Communications from the University of Florida.
- November 11, 2018: Miami Ad School, Miami, FL.
- October 18, 2018: SEMPO – South Florida Digital Fest, Boca Raton, FL
- October 4, 2018: VentureCafe, Miami, FL.
- April 3, 2018: Keynote speaker, at a private event for the Oxford Club, Saint Michaels MD
- April 17, 2017: University of Miami School of Business
- April 6, 2017: American Advertising Federation of Ft Lauderdale & the Palm Beaches
- September 15, 2017: Social Media Week, Rome, Italy (in Italian)
- March 20, 2017: Action Design Miami at Tedge Network
- February 22, 2017: Department of Marketing at the Florida Atlantic University
- February 5, 2017: Two roles at FilmGate Interactive conference:
- Moderator of the panel CONFESSIONS OF A WEB STAR capturing audiences with one-minute storytelling
- Creator of LOOKING OUT LOOKING IN ambient video installation powered by overlooks.TV
- February 9, 2017 – May 2017: Professor/creator of 12-week Visual Storytelling course at The Idea Center at Miami-Dade College
- February 2, 2017: Power of Visual Storytelling at Venture Cafe – Miami
- October 26, 2o16: Visual Storytelling Summit 2016 at the Idea Center, Miami-Dade College
- October 24, 2016: Industry Hero Speaker Series at Miami Ad School
- September 7, 2016: Media Management Association School of Communication at the University of Miami
- Other past engagements include: BMA, Social Media Week, Integrated Marketing Week, and South Florida Interactive Marketing Summit
For booking Shlomi for your next event, please contact: email@example.com